Thursday, October 8, 2009

Construction Update - October 8, 2009

Please forgive this abbreviated update. I have been out of the office most of this week on a personal matter so I have not had time to check on construction as much as I normally do nor was I able to attend our construction meeting.

However, I was able to check in with our Job Superintendent today and he assures me 'all is well in Mayberry'. Just kidding.

Fire Street alley is all but completed and I know it was looking good last week. Thanks to the Contractor for accommodating everyone as best he could including garbage pickup.

It looks like we are on track to begin work on the 200 Block of S. Gay Street as early as the middle of next week. When I find out more I will post immediately but the thinking was that we would close this block off for three months and completely finish it up with new road and sidewalks.

Also next week, we will begin work underground on the columns and soon after the 100 Block sidewalks.

Next week, we will also begin work on waterlines in the 100 Block.

Last my friend wanted me to announce the annual City People Home Tour. Some of the homes are located in the 100 Block so this will be a good time for folks to check out downtown living.
The Home tour is this Sunday October 11th from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. It will be a fine day to tour 15 homes all over Downtown. Go to www.CityPeople.org or their Facebook page for more info.

Thanks for your interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment